August, 2017-August, 2022
Distt. Swat, Shangla, KP
Enhancing CSOs’ contributions to governance and development processes in Pakistan.
To contribute to an improved governance and development process and social cohesion in Pakistan.
Objective 1: Enhanced contribution of Pakistani CSOs in Districts Shangla and Swat with regards to local governance, accountability, social development processes at sub national and local level.
Objective 2: Improved performance of Pakistani local governments in districts Shangla and Swat as actor of local governance and development.
- Systematic access to quality socio-economic empowerment services is improved /enabled.
- Operating environment for CSOs to contribute to local democratic governance is improved.
- Capacities of CSOs in policy dialogues, governance and accountability are strengthened
- Institutional and operational capacities of local governments to execute their mandate are improved.
- Downward accountability and transparency of local governance towards local communities is increased.
- Established mechanisms to engage local governments in dialogue with sub-national and national authorities, citizens and other relevant stakeholders (multi-level governance approach), with emphasis on transparent decision-making at local levels.