July, 2016-June, 2017
Distt. Kurram, KP
The project aims at fulfilling the critical WASH needs of families recently returned/returning to the recently de-notified insurgency hit areas in Masozai and Alisher Zai areas of Central Kurram agency. In order to address the key needs of the community an emergency WASH project is designed that focuses on;
- Rehabilitation/revitalization of drinking water supply schemes in communities
- Revitalization of drinking water supply schemes in schools and health facilities
- Provision of safe, gender appropriate and accessible sanitation facilities such as twin latrines and hand washing pads in schools and health facilities.
- Hygiene education in communities through hygiene promotion sessions
- Hygiene promotion in schools using child to child activities and formation of WASH clubs
- Development and dissemination of IEC material focusing on hand washing at critical stages and proper use of sanitation facilities and significance of clean drinking water.
- Observe international days like global hand washing day and world toilet day.
- Water quality monitoring
The project will directly benefit 10,500 individuals with a gender disaggregated ratios of 2,945 women, 2,830 men, 2,410 girls and 2,315 boys. The action will impact positively on the situation of vulnerable groups including women, minorities, girls, boys, elderly and people with disabilities. This will be promoted through the project by ensuring involvement of vulnerable and other under-represented groups in the planning, execution and monitoring of the project.