Food Security & Sustainable Livelihoods
June- September, 2010
Care International/ USAID
Distt. Swat, KP
Pakistan Jobs project objective which is to improve Pakistan’s enabling environment for increased, equitable economic growth by strengthening its workforce development systems. The LASOONA/USAID Pakistan Jobs project comprised of two components mainly Agriculture & Industrial as assigned to LASOONA. Under USAID Pakistan Jobs Project Total 800 Trainees were identified and after final selection trainings in Agriculture and Industrial sectors were conducted for the capacity building of labors and farmers. In Agriculture sector 100 female were trained in Basic Livestock Management and Animal husbandry, 25 male were trained in Basic Poultry Management, 75 male and 25 female were trained in Post-harvest Management for fruits and Orchards, 25 male and 25 female were trained in Post-harvest management for commercial vegetables, 75 male were trained in ICM and 25 male were trained in Basic Nursery Management.
In industrial sector 200 male were trained in silk mills ,80 female were trained in cosmetic industries , 60 male were trained in Plastics industries ,30 male were trained in packaging industries and 39 male were trained in furniture industries.
Project Goal: To enhance technical skills level of the labor force to improve chances of employment of the unskilled/Semi skilled labor in the industrial & agriculture sectors.
Project Components: Capacity Building of unskilled and Semi-skilled labor in Agriculture and Industry sectors
- 80 Female trained in Cosmetic Industry.
- 60 Male trained in Plastic Industry.
- 30 Male trained in Package industry.
- 200 Male trained in Silk mills.
- 40 Male trained in furniture industry.
- 100 Female trained in Basic Livestock Management Training.
- 75 Male and 25 Female trained in post-harvest management for fruit & orchards.
- 25 Male and 25 Female trained in post-harvest management for commercial vegetables.
- 25 Male trained in Basic Poultry management
- 25 Male trained in Nursery management.
- 133 trained beneficiaries were placed in silk Mills.
- 28 trained beneficiaries were placed in Furniture Industry
- 03 trained beneficiaries were placed in Package Industry
- 22 trained beneficiaries were placed in Cosmetics Industry
- 4 trained beneficiaries were placed in Poultry farms.